is there really no good gui builder

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Sun Nov 9 12:15:42 EST 2008

Phil Thompson wrote:

> The only "additional" restrictions are those imposed by the *commercial*
> license. As I said before, those restrictions are intended to discourage
> commercial developers from avoiding paying license costs during their
> development phase.

Is this interpretation of Qt's license correct:

A developer may use the open-source edition of Qt to develop commercial
software with licenseing fees, provided that the developer releases the
product and source code under an open-source license compatible with the
GPL..

This means that if the developer is willing to take the risk of having
all product source code open, with the attendant possibility of a
modified version of the developer's product being freely redistributed
without code enforcing any licensing fees, then the developer may forego
paying commercial  license fees to Qt (and Riverbank, if the product is
PyQt) and use the open-source version.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin