Tools for using virtual environments and PEP 370

Дамјан Георгиевски gdamjan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 20:46:07 EST 2008

> Python 2.6 implemented PEP 370: Per-user site-packages Directory[1]
>
> Now, are there any tools I could use to create and activate virtual
> environments like workingenv, virtualenv etc. but that will use
> PYTHONUSERBASE instead of hard-linking the python program.
>

> [1]
> http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/2.6.html#pep-370-per-user-site-packages-directory

I tested again and setting PYTHONUSERBASE=<dir> where <dir> was created with virtualenv works just fine.
Now, it would be interesting to see if all those hacks that virtualenv does are neccesseary or not.

ps.
Of course I did try this before writing the original post, but it seems I was bitten by a bug in my own code.

--
дамјан ( http://softver.org.mk/damjan/ )