Text based screens without ncurses

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Thu Nov 13 14:10:03 EST 2008

On 2008-11-13, Mirat Can Bayrak <miratcanbayrak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, i'll try to write a editor in python, i want it run under
> terminal (no qt or gtk) but i dont want to use urwid or curses
> modules.
>
> Can i write my curses like module in python?

Sure.  If you don't want to use the ncurses library, then you
could use something like slang (the Python package containing
slang is called newt).

Or you can use terminfo/termcap like this:

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/475116/

> i googled to find metods that curses uses to write
> characters,colors etc. on screen but it did not make sense to
> me. Can u help me?

Probably not.

> any ideas? any suggestions?

Well, I'd working on my spelling and typing skills and stop
using SMS-speak on Usenet.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! If our behavior is
                                  at               strict, we do not need fun!