Windows Installer testing using python.

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 14:10:26 EST 2008

On Nov 28, 10:02 am, kalyan <kchakravarthyk... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can we test Windows Installer using python.
> Is there any module available for testing?
> Please mail to kchakravarthyk... at gmail.com
>
> Thanks,
> Kalyan.

What do you need to test? We test our msi installers by automating
them from Python. We use the subprocess module to launch the
installers. We then test that the right files have been created and
the correct shortcuts pointing to the right locations. We then launch
the installed application (again with subprocess) and then use the
win32api to check that the application has started correctly.

Michael Foord
--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/