Python 3000

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Nov 24 14:15:44 EST 2008

alex23 wrote:

> On Nov 24, 5:47 pm, Dokorek <i... at noster-it.com> wrote:
>> Python 3000 (a.k.a. "Py3k", and released as Python 3.0) is a new
>> version of the language that is incompatible with the 2.x line of
>> releases. The language is mostly the same, but many details,
>> especially how built-in objects like dictionaries and strings work,
>> have changed considerably, and a lot of deprecated features have
>> finally been removed. Also, the standard library has been reorganized
>> in a few prominent places.
>
> This isn't stackoverflow. Posting items here that everyone is already
> fully aware of doesn't do anything positive for your reputation.

But it get's the OP low rates on spam filters, and thus hopes to attract
visitors to the crappy site mentioned in the signature.

Let's hope this doesn't catch on, or we suffer additionally to the more than
repetitive subjects such as default function arguments, the removal of self
as first parameter and not to forget "how to kill a thread".

Diez