best python unit testing framwork

Timothy Grant timothy.grant at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 14:01:28 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Brendan Miller <catphive at catphive.net> wrote:
> What would heavy python unit testers say is the best framework?
>
> I've seen a few mentions that maybe the built in unittest framework
> isn't that great. I've heard a couple of good things about py.test and
> nose. Are there other options? Is there any kind of concensus about
> the best, or at least how they stack up to each other?
>
> Brendan
> --

I wanted to like unittest but couldn't. So I started using py.test. I
even wrote a plugin for TextMate to interface with py.test. If I had
known about Nose I would likely have used it instead because it is
built on top of the standard module. Now I have many thousands of
lines of py.test code so am not likely to make the change.

--
Stand Fast,
tjg.  [Timothy Grant]