end of print = lower productivity ?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sun Nov 30 20:23:54 EST 2008

Lie Ryan <lie.1296 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > seriously, I don't think anyone in Windows uses vim
>>
>> Are you just guessing, or do you have any sort of facts to
>> back this up?
>
>I know vim is available in windows, but I know nobody but those that
>comes from unix-like world that use vim instead of Notepad, Notepad2,
>Notepad++, NoteTab, Programmer's Notepad, and multitude other Windows
>text editors/Notepad replacement.

You are falling into the very common trap of believing that everyone must
be exactly like yourself.  You are wrong.  I don't claim that vim is the
most popular Windows editor (I have to believe that Visual Studio is), but
the vim community in Windows is strong, active, and well-populated.

I suspect this is especially true in the Python world.  Many Python
devotees spend time in multiple operating systems, where vim and emacs
proficiency is essential.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.