Class instantiation fails when passed in a file but work via line by line interpreter

Jeff Tchang jeff.tchang at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 14:12:23 EST 2008

> Random related question. If you're writing a SAML implementation have
> you found an XML Signature implementation that works reliably from
> python? I've had a hell of a time finding something that doesn't
> segfault and is interoperable with .NET.

I guess you could call it a SAML implementation. Really I am writing
it so I can get more familiar with the specification. Right now it is
far enough along that it generates signed assertions.

This is definitely a tangent but since you asked I use PyXMLSec. I
wrote a blog post on compiling it for Windows so I wouldn't forget how
I did it: http://returnbooleantrue.blogspot.com/2008/11/compiling-pyxmlsec-for-windows.html

As far as I can tell it is pretty reliable. If you have any questions
about my implementation let me know and I'll try my best.

> As far as your problem goes, I would guess that somewhere you've got a
> class named SAML that's shadowing your module. See the difference in the
> error messages:

Thank you! I was being dumb and named by unit test class the same as
my actual module. That did it.

-Jeff