Snippets management

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 13:38:06 EST 2008

Edwin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been looking for a snippet manager and found PySnippet but it
> requires PyGTK. Do you know any other option that doesn't need much?
>
> I'm sort of new to python and user interfaces seem a bit far for me
> right now, that's why I thought having to install PyGTK was
> unnecessary.
>
> Would you recommend installing it anyway?
>
> I'm on a Mac, maybe some users of Steve's Unix flavour know about a
> snippets software piece? I'm looking for free/open source alternatives.
>
> Thank you!
>
> P.S.: I'm also new to usenet ;) and hope my english is not that bad.
> --

I developed one in wxPython, you can see some of the features here.
  http://mientki.ruhosting.nl/data_www/pylab_works/pw_code_editor.html

Although it's part of a larger part it can be used standalone,
but then it requires two actions copy and paste.
Started from a python application you can do copy+paste with just one
action.
It has integrated a full blown scintilla editor,
with syntax highlighting, code completion, and syntax checker.

If there's interest, I can distribute the files as a separate package.

cheers,
Stef Mientki