function parameter scope python 2.5.2

Peter Pearson ppearson at nowhere.invalid
Fri Nov 21 11:39:46 EST 2008

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:12:08 -0500, J Kenneth King wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> writes:
>>
>> I am curious why you thought that. What made you think Python should/did
>> make a copy of weird_obj.words when you pass it to a function?
[snip]
> Of course if there is any further reading on the subject, I'd appreciate
> some links.

As one relatively new Python fan to another, I recommend following
this newsgroup.  Many important aspects of Python that several books
failed to drive through my skull are very clearly (and repeatedly)
explained here.  Hang around for a week, paying attention to posts
with subjects like "Error in Python subscripts" (made-up example),
and curse me if you don't find it greatly rewarding.