PP3E error

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Nov 17 21:08:39 EST 2008

[top posting fixed]

En Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:16:10 -0200, ryan payton <silas428 at gmail.com>
escribió:

> sorry:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "texteditor.py", line 460, in <module>
>      class TextEditorMain(TextEditor, GuiMakerWindowMenu):
> NameError: name 'GuiMakerWindowMenu' is not defined

Please follow the instructions on the book, or read the README-PP3E.txt
file; below I copy the most relevant parts:

"""Copy the entire PP3E directory tree to some directory on your computer,
and add the name of the directory containing PP3E to your module search
path (i.e., you PYTHONPATH shell setting, ".pth" files, etc.).

Alternatively, copy the PP3E directory tree to the site-packages folder
in your Python source library (e.g., C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages on
Windows for Python 2.4).  Because this directory is automatically
searched on imports, copying here makes PYTHONPATH settings unnecessary."""

Also, make sure you get the updated version from
http://examples.oreilly.com/python3/pp3e-updates.html

--
Gabriel Genellina