Installing NumPy and SciPy in Python 2.6

Fri Nov 28 14:31:37 EST 2008

Vicent Giner wrote:
> I've installed Python 2.6 in my Windows XP. Actually, I've installed
> ActiveState's ActivePython 2.6.
>
> I would like to use NumPy and SciPy.
>
> Are those packages compatible with version 2.6 of Python?

I believe there is more work to do on Scipy and Numpy before they will
run on 2.6.  Expect Numpy to come first (or at the same time).  2.6 is
quite new, so a number of packages may tak a while to get there.  I
think Numpy, in particular, is changing to a new memory buffer protocol,
and may take a while.
My guess would be, if you need it this year, drop back to 2.5.  If you
can wait until early next year (and/or have the round tuits to help), go
with 2.6.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org