Dynamic features used

pruebauno at latinmail.com pruebauno at latinmail.com
Fri Nov 21 10:22:13 EST 2008

On Nov 21, 4:17 am, bearophileH... at lycos.com wrote:
> What are the dynamic features of Python that you use in your code?

The main ones is using configuration files that are plain Python
instead of XML and not having to wait 5 minutes to compile larger
programs. I also prefer structural typing over nominative typing and
duck typing is closer to structural than nominative typing with the
difference that compilation doesn’t take forever but the disadvantage
that the checking doesn’t happen until runtime. Hopefully they will
keep improving pylint to generate warnings for all those.

As far as speed goes, there might be 5% of my code that I would be
willing to run through a slow compiler to speed it up. For the rest it
is probably not worth it.