Ordering python sets

MRAB google at mrabarnett.plus.com
Tue Nov 4 19:03:58 EST 2008

On Nov 4, 8:40 pm, Lie Ryan <lie.1... at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> On linguistic note: As a non-native speaker of English, I've never relied
> on the correct usage of Yes and No and would instead rely on the
> following text. In some languages, situations where English-people
> usually use Yes is answered with No and vice versa.

[snip]
In English the rule tends to be that "yes" and "no" don't mean "I
agree" and "I disagree" like in other languages, but that "yes"
asserts the positive and "no" asserts the negative:

    Positive question:

        Does it work? Yes, it works.

        Does it work? No, it doesn't work.

    Negative question:

        Doesn't it work? Yes, it does work. ["does" added for
emphasis]

        Doesn't it work? No, it doesn't work.