Python / Debian package dependencies

Stephane Bulot stephane at bulot.org
Fri Nov 21 04:36:02 EST 2008

I'm not familiar with stdeb, but dpkg-buildpackage needs a file called
"control". This is this file that will be used to generate deb archive with
the good dependancies. Into this file, there are two fields, Build-Depends
and Depends, that give to dpkg-buildpackage what are the package
dependancies.
Check this "control" file content, you should have psycopg2 and setuptools
(if it is really a dependancy) in the Depends field. If it not the case, do
it manually. Do not forget to check and notify the version of this
dependancies.
Regards.
Stephane