disable ctrl-P in idle?

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.se
Mon Nov 10 17:22:29 EST 2008

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:53:40 -0800 (PST), drobinow at gmail.com <drobinow at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 10, 3:27 pm, "timw.google" <tjand... at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Nov 10, 2:57 pm, Robert Singer <rsinger at ____.com> wrote:
>> > Or, you can just continue using emacs. I'm using vim, and can't think
>> > of a single reason why I should change it for idle.

>> Thanks. I on a XP box now, and it's a pain to get things installed
>> here. That's why I'm not using emacs. When I'm on Linux, I use emacs.
>> It's not worth the trouble to install something else for just this.
>
> It is not more difficult to install emacs on XP. What makes you think
> that?

Yeah. To me, it has just been a matter of unzipping emacs-x.y.z.zip
somewhere, placing my .emacs somewhere where emacs searches for it,
tell it to use the Lucida Console font and type away. As far as I can
tell, there is no need to be local admin.

(Of course, timw's employer might forbid Downloading Dangerous
Unlicenced Freeware from the Internet -- but be got IDLE somehow,
didn't he?)

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.se>          R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!