Quick Newbie Question

Josh jhofmo at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 29 02:09:05 EST 2008

Can Python be used on one Linux machine to drive another Linux machine
through SSH? I am currently running Putty on my XP box to run tests on a
Linux box. I need to automate these tests and thought it would be fun to
  do so from a Linux VMWare Image I recently setup. Does this sound
do-able without too much effort? I already know the Linux commands I
need to run but just need an interactive shell connection through SSH.
Again is Python a good choice for this or something else?
Thanks,

JR