Tkinter and asyncronous socket

maxlosblob at gmail.com maxlosblob at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 06:13:05 EST 2008

Hi all, I'm new to python and I've been spending the last week on GUI
that refresh its content based on data periodically coming from a
remote socket.
I succeded in doing it (thanks newsgroups and online manual!) using
the Tkinter.after method to implement a busy wait on the socket (which
I had previously set to non blocking)
I should be happy with it, but on windows (application must be multi-
platform) the busy wait leads to a 100% CPU usage. I'm trying to
implement it the other way round: a "socket process" that updates a
label (or a queue object) in the GUI. I can't figure out how to do
this. Anyone can post hints? With some details, maybe?

Thanks all

Max