Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Nov 17)

Joe Strout joe at strout.net
Mon Nov 17 18:21:07 EST 2008

On Nov 17, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Gabriel Genellina wrote:

>  I don't feel anybody would improve their Python skills chasing what
> the "value" of an object is, least to make contortions so some
> arbitrary definition of "call by value" be applicable to the language.

Actually, contortions are required to make the standard definition of
"call by value" NOT be applicable to Python as well as all other
modern OOP languages [1].

Maybe we can discuss it further, and make this thread about the thread
longer than the thread it's about?

Cheers,
- Joe

[1] http://www.strout.net/info/coding/valref/