Pyhon (with wxPython) on Windows' cygwin: can it be done fully ?

Lie Lie.1296 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 16:31:29 EST 2008

On Nov 26, 1:45 pm, "Barak, Ron" <Ron.Ba... at lsi.com> wrote:
> Hi Pythonistas,
>
> I read diaz's comments with interest, but - in my current configuration, I'm unable to use pdb.
>
> I'm developing on cygwin and use wxPython.
> Consequently, I cannot use native cygwin Python, but my Python is actually the Windows XP Python (i.e.,  /cygdrive/c/Python25/python.exe).
> This means that pdb (and, for that matter any Python shell (like IDLE)) gets stuck upon invocation.
>
> I was wandering: is anybody able to use native Python on cygwin, or alternately, to use Windows Python under cygwin in IDLE/pdb ?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron.

A joke indeed.

pdb and logging is too much for beginners, which most likely does not
yet understand the workings of the debugger and logger (and pdb's many
quirks). Don't forget that we're all beginners once. Python's learning
curve shouldn't raise with time, it should get lower so more people
can join in the board.