Official definition of call-by-value (Re: Finding the instance reference...)

greg greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Nov 13 04:44:31 EST 2008

Grant Edwards wrote:

> I stopped paying much attention to this thread a while ago, but
> you've got to admire the persistence of somebody who soldiers
> on even though Aahz, Fredrik Lund, and Steve Holden are all on
> the other side of the argument...

Those people clearly know a great deal about Python,
and I respect them for that. However, that doesn't
necessarily make them authorities on programming
language terminology.

If you're going to indulge in argument by authority,
you need to pick authorities that can be considered,
er, authoritative in the field concerned...

--
Greg