can the sequence of entries in a dictionary be depended on?

Priya priyaven at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 13:33:18 EST 2008

Hi,
I'm writing a program where i iterate through the entries in a
dictionary using a for loop. This for-loop is enclosed by another loop
which traverses through a list and checks the relation between each
entry in the list and each entry in the dictionary.
while I know that dictionaries are 'unordered', I'd like to know if
the order of traversal will be the same each time the dictionary is
iterated through.
like if i have
dictionary={key1:"val1", key2:"val2",key3="val3"...}
for i in (1,10)
  for value in dictionary1:
     print value
am i assured that i always get the same sequence of outputs for any
two values of i?
Thanks.