How to build the pysqlite? Where to find the "sqlite3.h"?

Kurda Yon kurdayon at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 21:31:18 EST 2008

On Nov 4, 8:59 pm, "saju.pil... at gmail.com" <saju.pil... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Nov 5, 6:47 am, Kurda Yon <kurda... at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I try to "build" and "install" pysqlite? After I type "python setup.py
> > build" I get a lot of error messages? The first error  is "src/
> > connection.h:33:21: error: sqlite3.h: No such file or directory". So,
> > I assume that the absence of the "sqlite3.h" is the origin of the
> > problem.
>
> You can try downloading sqlite3 from the web and installing it in a
> local dir. Update pysqlite setup.cfg to add these local dir names and
> then try building it.
>
> -srp

I see the problem. The pysqlite is a package which allows a
communication between the python and sqlite. I try to install the
"pysqlite" but I do not have the "sqlite" on my computer. So, I have
the problem. I tried to find out how to install the sqlite3 but it
seems there are no simple and clear explanations of how to do it. So,
I think I will give up and search for an easier way. Tank you for your
help.