embedding python

Alan Baljeu alanbaljeu at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 16:41:44 EST 2008

Thanks, I have 2.5 now and it works great with Nose.  Now for my next project, I want to embed Python and Nose in a C++ program.  I know this means using the python25.dll, and I know how to setup the calls.
I think though I will not be installing Python on target systems, so I don't want to rely on sys.path including "site-install".  I would have a directory with appropriate python files, a subdir for nose, and keep those relative to the application dir.

For the Python interpreter, two questions:
1. What is the best way to manage the import paths?
2. How can I invoke an interactive console for this embedded python?  I'd like to play with things while my app is running.