Installation on Vista (Was: ANN: ActivePython 2.6.0.0 is now available)

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 19:53:27 EST 2008

On Nov 17, 6:26 pm, Steve Holden <st... at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Mensanator wrote:
> >> I found the only satisfactory way to install Python all-users on Vista
> >> was to log in as a member of the administrators group, run a command
> >> shell window "as administrator", then run the installer in that window.
>
> > Didn't you have to enable the Administrator account (which is disabled
> > by default in Vista)?
>
> Nope. The Administrator account still shows up as disabled.

Strange, I had to. Had you enebled it previously and assinged a
password?
I couldn't use a "runas" command without a password. I never tried the
Administrator-Disabled/Password-Assigned combination, only

Administrator-Disabled/Password-Unassigned
Administrator-Enabled/Password-Unassigned
Administrator-Enabled/Password-Assigned

the last of which worked.

Or did you do something else, like turn off UAC?