multiple breaks

TP Tribulations at Paralleles.invalid
Thu Nov 13 05:07:25 EST 2008

Hi everybody,

Several means to escape a nested loop are given here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/189645/how-to-break-out-of-multiple-loops-in-python

According to this page, the best way is to modify the loop by affecting the
variables that are tested in the loops. Otherwise, use exception:

"If, for some reason, the terminating conditions can't be worked out,
exceptions are a fall-back plan."

In the following example, is this possible to affect the two iterators to
escape the two loops once one "j" has been printed:

for i in range(5):
    for j in range(i):
       print j
       # I would type "break 2" in shell bash
       # In C, I would set j=i-1 and i=4
       # In Python, is this possible to affect the two iterators?

Or the only means is to use exception?

Thanks in advance

Julien

--
python -c "print ''.join([chr(154 - ord(c)) for c in '*9(9&(18%.9&1+,\'Z
(55l4('])"

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is
impossible, he is very probably wrong." (first law of AC Clarke)