Daemon and logging - the best approach?

Lech Karol Pawłaszek i at tak.znajdziesz
Fri Nov 7 10:14:47 EST 2008

Hello.

I'm trying to make a daemon and I want to log to a file its activity.
I'm using logging module with a configuration file for it (loaded via
fileConfig()).

And now I want to read logging config file before daemonize the program
because the file might not be accessible after daemonization. OTOH while
daemonizing I am closing all opened file descriptors - including those
opened for logging.

What is the best approach to handle such situation? Should I close all
FD before daemonizing or just forget it? Any other hints?

Kind regards,

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace" [KoRn]