Debugging in Python

Sat Nov 29 15:46:36 EST 2008

Stef Mientki wrote:

>> The debugging ability of the Komodo IDE is _significantly_ better than
>> the freely available debuggers.  If you like the Komodo Editor, you'll
>> love the debugger.
> hi Scott, can you tell us, > why Komodo debugger is better than PyScripter
> or even Winpdb(rpdb2) used in most python build IDE's ?

Sorry, "better at the time I investigated it" is more like it.
At this point it is fine for me, and it was years ago when I
was looking.  The impression I got was, "this product actually
paid for itself in debugging time in under five days," including
the amount of toll-learning I had to do as lost time.  That made
the purchase clearly worth it.  Since then, I've been happy enough
to not have done any further investigations.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org