Python IF THEN chain equivalence

jzakiya jzakiya at mail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:31:45 EST 2008

On Nov 13, 5:21 pm, Alan Baljeu <alanbal... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think you should rethink your post. The first case you posted makes no sense in any language I know.  Also, a whole lot of nested IF's is a bad idea in any language.  In Python, you will end up with code indented 40+ characters if you keep going.

In the code the 'xi's and 'limit' are variables and the --- do letters
---
phrases are simply writes to any array:   an_array[xi]=0

Actually, the code makes perfectly good sense, and is a necessity of
the algorithm I'm implementing, and works perfectly good in Forth, and
can be
written quite nicely within a normal page width.

I was just hoping I could perform the equivalent chain in Python
without
having to grossly indent the source code past the normal width of a
printed page.
But if that's the only way to do it in Python, then so be it.