noob needs help

toveysnake collintovey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 12:50:32 EST 2008

I decided that I want to learn python, and have no previous
programming experience. I was reading the guide A byte of python and
got to the part where you create and run the program helloworld.py I
used kate to create this program and save it as helloworld.py. I then
entered the command python helloworld.py into the terminal(I am using
ubuntu 8.10) and I get this error:

collin at collin-laptop:~$ python helloworld.py
python: can't open file 'helloworld.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory

Am I saving the file in the wrong spot?(I saved it in documents)
Should I use a different editor? Is there a better python book
available online?