special editor support for indentation needed.

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Thu Nov 27 01:20:18 EST 2008

Andreas Roehler wrote:

> with python-mode.el from
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-mode/

I think there's something wrong with the site because it tells me it's version
1.0 from year 2005.

> Meanwhile I'll reflect a draft addressing your needs.

 there is a rather sizable set of things that could be added to assist speech
during programming.  I'm mostly concerned about the editing aspect of speech
driven programming.

> BTW, what about this stuff?:
>
> http://www.cb1.com/~john/computing/emacs/handsfree/index.html

it's interesting but most of it is very low level user interface orientation.
Lo level stuff is relatively easy to implement.  High-level stuff is much more
difficult than the equivalent GUI abstraction.

a narrow channel interface stuff is very interesting  especially if you take
full advantage of the concept.  With regards to programming, a narrow channel
interface would let you choose a relatively low number of "big" items in the
field of vision and then let you continue to narrow until you can easily operate
on the item of interest.