possible newline problems

Robocop bthayre at physics.ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 17 17:26:06 EST 2008

I'm running some stupid little script that's supposed to alert me if
some fuse link exists.  All i do is read in /proc/mounts and look to
match the fuse mount command in question, i'm doing this:

output = open("/www/htdocs/hatProductAdd/add/output.txt", "a")
  for line in fileinput.input(['/proc/mounts']):
    output.write(line)
    if line == 'sshfs#root at website.com:/usr/home/sites/www.website.com/
web/PICTURES/django /www/htdocs/hatProductAdd/media/images/PICTURES/
django fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,user_id=0,group_id=0,max_read=65536 0 0':
      print "it's mounted"
    else:
	  print "it's not mounted"

For some reason though, it never properly matches the fuse line, even
if it's there.  When i straight up print the lines as they're read i
see "/proc/mounts", but every line has an extra newline between them.
Should i be trying to mtch the newline character as well?  Any help
would be great!