HELP!...Google SketchUp needs a Python API

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 19:09:00 EST 2008

On Nov 27, 5:42 pm, r <rt8... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 27, 5:38 pm, "Chris Rebert" <c... at rebertia.com> wrote:

> > > Of course, but you are not suggesting that i bother Guido with this. I
> > > am sure he is too busy.
>
> > No, obviously that was not my implication.
> > - Chris
>
> > --
> > Follow the path of the Iguana...http://rebertia.com
>
> Are you against promoting python?

To merely say... "Well Guido and some high level Python people work at
Google and if Python is not in SketchUp now it will never be"... is
pretty self defeating to me. Weather you like SketchUp or not doesn't
matter. This is a call for a grass roots movement to further the
incorporation of Python into a popular and useful app. I'm not asking
for people to support SketchUp here...I am asking people to support
Python. Of all Places in the world, there should be  support here. I
hope at least you care about Python.

Sure this may blow under the rug but hey...doesn't hurt to try. My
call was a "testing the waters" to see if there if fact are any Python-
SketchUp fans here. Maybe your a Ruby fan, i don't know, but that
would explain your quick disposal of the idea though.
-food for thought-