problem with quote and single-quote when using "subprocess"

Evan xdicry at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 17:45:22 EST 2008

Hello -

i'm trying to call subprocess.popen on the 'command-based' function in
linux.  When I run the command from the shell, like so:

goset -f ' "%s %s" name addr ' file_name

it works fine

however when I try to do it in python like so:

p = subprocess.Popen(["goest",'-f \'\"%s %s\" name addr\' ',
'file_name'], shell=True)

It always failed.

I also try like so:

p = subprocess.Popen(["goest","-f '\"%s %s\" name addr' ",
'file_name'], shell=True)

It also failed.

Does anybody have a good suggestion for this matter? thanks in
advance.

Evan