Windows PE and Python 2.6 (Side-by-Side error)

Werner Merkl Werner.Merkl at fujitsu-siemens.com
Fri Nov 14 05:27:16 EST 2008

Hallo,

I like Python 2.6 and I like to use it anywhere, even within Windows PE.

In former version of Python (<= 2.5.x) it was easy to bring it to a
Windows PE system: Install Python to Windows XP or Vista and (robo-)
copy the whole directory off Python (and all sub directories) to the
Windows PE system, adapt the path and it works.

With Python 2.6 I receive errors in the kind of '''Error: The
Side-by-Side configuration information in
"d:\4_debug\python26\PYTHON.EXE" contains errors. The application has
failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.
Please see the application event log for more detail (14001).
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
export function in a delay-load dependent module.'''

What I did: I copied all DLLs which DEPWALK found to C:\Python26, but
the error remained...

Has anyone an idea?

Thank you in advance
Werner