Python GUIs and custom controls

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Thu May 8 20:07:15 EDT 2008

On May 8, 4:30 pm, "Chuckk Hubbard" <badmuthahubb... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I likewise don't know enough to compare between toolkits, but another
> one to check out might be pygame.  If nothing else, it is meant to be
> fast and to handle 3D views.
>
> -Chuckk
>
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Joe P. Cool <joe.p.c... at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > So far I have a little experience with Tkinter and wxPython. I wonder
> > which of the numerous Python GUI kits would be the best choice for a
> > multi platform application that makes heavy use of custom controls, 3D
> > views and the like? Thanks in advance for your hints and advice.
>
> > Joe
> > --
>
> --http://www.badmuthahubbard.com

I am not holding that programming is profitable (or even a good
experience) without a community to talk to.  If a computer is a
generic man-borne tool, true currency (time) will answer to it as a
tool.

Do note that money tracks experience.  If you're not having a good
experience, back up a step, and have fun with your hands.  Thus*, I
think sound and OS-band controls would be the funnest to start long
threads about.  Just names have to run: fly or float.

*Money floats off its gold standard.  What sounds float, and does
everyone use the Microsoft-103 Dell-brand 15" laptop?  What, not
everyone?

I have been having problems with feedback-buffers in sound files.
Here's a particularly pleasing grid in intervals, and even progressing
chromaticly.

prog= [
( 1, 5, 8 ),
( 1, 5, 10 ),
( 1, 6, 10 ),
( 3, 6, 10 ),
( 3, 6, 12 ),
( 3, 8, 12 ),
( 5, 8, 13 )
]

for i, key in enumerate( 'C2 C#2 D2 D#2 E2 F2 F#2 G2 G#2 A2 A#2 B2
C3'.split( ) ):
    snd.play( )

How fast can the drives act to the mouse, and what keys do you want on
your organ?

Att: cough4.wav