How to use a parameter in a class

Florian Herlings florian.herlings at googlemail.com
Sat May 3 07:08:53 EDT 2008

Hello Decebal,

I am new to python myself, which might be the cause why I do not get
that "last line" at all. To me it looks like you are trying to set a
variable in the class body (if I am reading the indent correctly) and
call a function (that does not exist?) to calculate the value for it.
Does that work at all?

About a week ago I learned something, that might solve your problem:
You can only access the instance's variables from within a function.
The variable is not visible from the outside. To get that value (12 on
your example) you have to be in a function, or call your returnValue()
function from the outside.

I hope, that I did not waste your time with my lowest level knowledge.

Have a nice weekend,
Florian