create window on panel

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at shopzeus.com
Thu May 15 07:45:19 EDT 2008

> Thanks for your reply!
>
> I am using Linux+gnome. Actually, what I want is simply a text-region
> on the panel
> and display some dynamic information on it. Is it hard to do it ?

Google is your friend! I searched for "gnome python panel" and the first
hit was:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/2000/07/25/gnome_applet.html

:-)

Of course it is out of date but you can see that there is something
called "/PyGNOME".
/
The package names on my Linux:

python-gnome2 python-gnome2-desktop python-gnome2-extras python-gnomecanvas

Python bindings for the GNOME desktop environment
This archive contains modules that allow you to write GNOME programs
in Python. This package contains the bindings for the new version 2.0
of that desktop environment.

/
/It should be easy to read the docs, view the demo programs and create
your own program.