python confusion possibly related to pickle

Dennis nospam at here.com
Mon May 19 17:34:20 EDT 2008

Derek Martin wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 08:28:34PM +0100, Dennis wrote:
>> The problem that's got me annoyed is that after getting said error I
>> close the shell window, open a new one, run the python interpreter
>> and type "import pickle" and get the error that the script I'd run
>> earlier caused. Why is this ?
>
> Well, what's the error?  Sounds like your system could be b0rked (or
> at least your python installation)... but depending on the error,
> there could be other explanations.

Nah, just a case of being in a directory of my home directory that has a
file called pickle.py in it. That file has a known error. I then ran
python interactively and typed "import pickle". As a result I end up
importing the file in my current directory instead of the python module
I want to import.

I was just being daft :-D