Python is slow

Paolo Victor paolovictor at gmail.com
Sat May 24 04:45:59 EDT 2008

I love it when a troll tries to make his/hers/its point with a vague,
biased assumption:

"I mean, it's not that slow - wait, I guess it's slower, because I...
I think so! Yeah! It's slow! At least it feels like it..."

It's all about choosing the right tool. If you think Python doesn't
suit your needs, you really should look for something that does,
instead of wasting your (and our) time with "guesses" and "feelings".

Research/develop/execute a benchmark. Gather and analyze relevant
data. Make a real contribution.

Peace,
Paolo