generator functions in another language

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Wed May 7 00:08:35 EDT 2008

On May 6, 1:00 pm, hdante <hda... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 6, 12:28 am, castiro... at gmail.com wrote:
>

> > There's a process decorator to functions in a module.
>
> > [supposes]
>
> > @process
> > def datafile( processdict ):
> >    processdict.modify( )
> >    op= yield
> >    op.call( ) in processdict
> >    # op.call( ) in namespace
>
> > More simply:
>
> > @process
> > def datafile( processdict ):
> >    processdict.modify( )
> >    interaction_object= yield
> >    invoke( interaction_object, processdict )
> >    #or interaction_object.invoke( **processdict )
> >    processdict.commit( )
>
> > Making each execution of process a self-modifying disk file.
> > Interaction_object could be binary or text.  If text, we'd have a
> > cross-language executable, but I'm suspicious it wouldn't be vacuous
> > as a Python of Python composition: would other languages pass other
> > than Python programs?
>
> > I think relational databases are the only in there.  In other words, I
> > think Python would make a wholly better stored procedure and query
> > language than those of databases.  Certainly I'm suspicious that's
> > naivete speaking up; I question, would it?  Is there more risk of or
> > opportunity for malicious execution?  Simply put, can we get
> > primitives in to databases?  What's an example of a [optionally real]
> > operation on the primitives that doesn't map pretty well into SQL?
> > How do you want to write base-case scenarios if they're going to be
> > literals?
>
>  Datafiles could be implemented with SQL. Consider SQL:
>
>  SELECT * FROM process_dict where id = 1
>  .
>  SELECT * FROM process_dict where id = 1
>
>  Obviously, this is all a supposition, I'm not claiming the code is
> perfect (or am I ?). If datafiles could be implemented with SQL and
> storing text requires datafiles, then I can store text with datafiles
> (haha !). Would you consider doing this ? One could even store python
> decorated serialized code using SQL [supposition]. But would it be
> useful [haha !] ?
>
>  I don't know.- Hide quoted text -

Serialized code has line numbers, which is fine in Python.  (Tab-
indent even comes easier, though it's not clear what granularity
you're storing at, whether each "indention block" gets its own table
or not.)

You are asking for a per-object table.

a= { }
b= [ ]

a[ 'what' ]= object( )

id= new_id( )
process_vars[ id ]= object( )
insert into process_dict.variable_9782 values ( id )
insert into process_dict.variable_9371 values ( 'what', NONPRIMITIVE,
id )

b.append( None )
insert into process_dict.variable_8224 values ( NULL )

b.insert( 0, 0 )
update process_dict.variable_8224 set "column_1"= 0 where index= 0