Newbie to python --- why should i learn !

A.T.Hofkamp hat at se-162.se.wtb.tue.nl
Thu May 8 06:35:54 EDT 2008

On 2008-05-08, Raxit at MyKavita.com <raxitsheth2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i was reading/learning some hello world program in python.
> I think its very simillar to Java/C++/C#. What's different (except
> syntax) ?

Yes, and all programs that people write typically look like the hello world
program.
Look at some real-world programs for a comparison, for example the Python
Cookbook: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/

> what can i do easily with python which is not easy in c++/java !?

- be productive in programming, rather than hassling with declaring all kind of
  stuff first.

- skip compile step.

On the other hand, if you typically write hello world programs, don't bother.
You won't see the difference.

Sincerely,
Albert