Newbie question - probably FAQ (but not exactly answered by regular FAQ)

cokofreedom at gmail.com cokofreedom at gmail.com
Tue May 6 04:38:29 EDT 2008

2.5 seems the defacto standard now for a new user, NB: probably not
the standard for the common business productions. However are you on
Windows or *nix? *nix may ship a certain version, so for ease of use
it would be best to use that.

Personally I use 2.5 because it is a complete version, and the latest
fully released giving me a lot of features to play with. But as
previously put if you are starting out, you are very unlikely to need
a huge amount of those features for a while.

So my opinion is used 2.5, it is released with no huge new feature
updates to come and won't break on random errors. (Unless you find a
real new one!). Also new is cool...