Newbie to python --- why should i learn !

Krishnakant Mane hackingkk at gmail.com
Thu May 8 08:13:44 EDT 2008

hello,
I have programmed co insidentally in all the 3 languages.
so out of my experience of 10 + years, I got my personal share of
reasons to prefer python over the other 2 namely c++ and java.
firstly as every one has already explained, python is easy, fun to
learn and can do many things much productively for programmers
compared to c++ and java.
and c# is no better in that.
besides, now a days python has become much much faster in some cases
faster than java.
compare pygtk vs java swing.
python has huge amount of libraries/ modules which are as easy to use
as the language itself.
the syntax difference mentioned in the first email on this thread
makes a huge difference when the code becomes complex and the number
of lines increase.
so there are a lot of reasons to prefer python over java.
for the question "what can I do in python easier than other languages
" is not a question to be answered because it all depends on how one
associates the problem space with the language space in which the
programmer wishes to express the solution.
there will be people who will say "java is much better choice for
large scale programmes " but people like myself will always question
that.
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.