Are rank noobs tolerated, here?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 07:18:02 EDT 2008

On May 6, 4:43 am, notbob <not... at nothome.com> wrote:
> "Here is an example of a user-defined function that has a parameter:
>
> def print_twice(bruce):
>     print bruce, bruce
> ****ME****
> ok, I try and follow the above, but where is he getting the script?  So, I
> make a script called chap03.py and put it in ~/pyth/chap03/.

Did you copy the function definition into chap03.py? Because the error
sounds a lot like you're trying to import something from an empty
file.

I think you may have missed the following line that occurs in the
paragraph just before the import example: "To see how this works,
assume the print_twice function is defined in a script
named chap03.py."

If you copy the code provided for 'print_twice' into your 'chap03.py'
file, the example should work.

Hope this helps.

- alex23