RELEASED Python 2.6a3 and 3.0a5

Stéphane Larouche stephane.larouche at polymtl.ca
Fri May 9 20:55:47 EDT 2008

> On 9 Mai, 01:50, Barry Warsaw <ba... at python.org> wrote:
> > On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I
> > am happy to announce the third alpha release of Python 2.6, and the
> > fifth alpha release of Python 3.0.

After I installer Python 2.6a3, Matlab R2007a began having problems. When I
start Matlab, it shows a window indicating that it is installing Microsoft
Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable, which fails, and then Matlab closes. This
problem did not happen with Python 2.6a2 and removing Python 2.6a3 solves the
problem.

Is anybody else having the same problem? Do you know what causes it? Is there a
workaround?