License selection for free software

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue May 6 20:37:23 EDT 2008

vivainio at gmail.com (Ville M. Vainio) writes:

> So I'm not opposed to GPL - just saying that it's not often the
> choice that will net you the most users.

Fortunately, that's not always the goal of a free software project.
When freedom of all users matters more than "popular at any cost", the
GPL is a better choice.

--
 \       "One of the most important things you learn from the internet |
  `\   is that there is no 'them' out there. It's just an awful lot of |