anonymous assignment

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Tue May 13 03:39:17 EDT 2008

Yves Dorfsman a écrit :
>>> But you still have have a variable that's using memory for nothing.

I'm afraid you just don't understand what Python's "variable" are.
You're really worrying about a non-issue here. Seriously.

>>> find this unsatisfactory...
>>
>> Get over it…
>
> Than what's the point of wanting a better language if every time we run
> in something that looks wrong, or something that could be done better we
> should  just "get over it" ?

No language can be everything to everyone and still retain any kind of
consistency. And the Python's team really try to keep a good balance
between features and consistency (and so far mostly succeed IHMO).

Now, of course, suggesting features or potential improvements *is* a
good idea (and FWIW there's an official way to do so : PEPs). But this
doesn't mean that each an any such proposition is a good idea by itself,
nor that it makes any sense wrt/ Python's design, nor that it's worth
implementing it.