Print HTML from Python

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Wed May 21 09:24:48 EDT 2008

On May 21, 3:45 am, "Jorgen Bodde" <jorgen.maill... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am at a loss. This is slightly OT because it concerns Windows and
> HTML printing. I would like to print a HTML document from Python, but
> not showing the printing dialog. After numerous searches and trials I
> came to the conclusion that ShellExecute with the "print" command and
> a HTML document simply always shows a print dialog, so that road is a
> dead end (or unless someone can show me a snippet that does work).
>
> I used win32com and I am able to print through he internet explorer
> interface which seems to work, but quite unreliably. When I execute
> the scipt too fast, nothing is printed at all. The method isBusy that
> IE exposes through COM always returns False so there is no way to wait
> reliably on the progress of the printer.
>
> So basically my question is, does someone know a python lib or way to
> print HTML to the default printer (I can get the printer name so even
> that is not really needed) without showing the print dialog?
>
> With regards,
> - Jorgen

Did you try all the methods on Tim Golden's site?

http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i/print.html

I use the one at the bottom for PDFs. I never see a print dialog, but
it does leave Adobe running. If you're printing from Internet
Explorer, you might look at the PAMIE project.

http://pamie.sourceforge.net/

HTH

Mike