Python and Flaming Thunder

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Tue May 13 13:32:51 EDT 2008

On Tue, 13 May 2008 19:57:10 +0300
"Andrii V. Mishkovskyi" <mishok13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not everybody has grown in English-speaking community, you know. And
> knowing math quite good, I prefer writing "x = y" instead of "Set x to
> y".

OMG!  It's COBOL.

Wasn't there an aborted attempt at writing a language based on English
back in the sixties or seventies?  I seem to recall that it failed
mainly because it turns out that programmers don't like to speak in
English, even when it is their first language, to describe computer
algorithms.  If that wasn't true then pseudocode would look a lot more
like English than it does.  In fact, pseudocode tends to look a lot
like Python.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves